- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Crash kills two
ST. LOUIS -- Police are investigating a head-on collision that killed two people and injured two others over the weekend in St. Louis. Two men were killed Sunday when a speeding, wrong-way car rammed their pickup head-on. The car's driver was trying to get away from St. Louis police, authorities said.
The driver of the pickup, Therie Moore, 48, of St. Louis County, and a passenger in that truck were killed. The passenger's name and the names of the two people who were injured in the crash were not released.
Police said an officer pursued a car that through a stop sign shortly after 11 a.m. Sunday.
During the pursuit, the car crashed into a pickup driven by Moore. Moore and his passenger, who had no identification on him, were pronounced dead at the scene.
Another pickup at the intersection was struck by Moore's pickup.
Police said they found narcotics paraphernalia, including syringes, inside the woman's car. They couldn't say why the driver decided to try to flee from the officer.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.post-dispatch.com