- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ULLIN, Ill. -- Mary L. Friedman, 75, of Ullin died Friday, May 30, 2003, in Ullin.
She was born April 20, 1928, at Diehlstadt, Mo., daughter of Dave and Gertrude McClure Everett. She married Lloyd Friedman.
Friedman worked 22 years at the former Snower's Co. in Cairo, Ill. She was formerly of Unity and Anna, Ill.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Donnie Friedman of Tamms, Ill.; a brother, Bill Everett of Ullin; four sisters, Ellen O'Neal of Lombard, Ill., Janet Nix of Olive Branch, Ill., Jean Anderson of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Jo Coffee of Columbus, Ohio; a granddaughter; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Gene Hart and Brent Gordon officiating. Burial will be in Spencer Heights Cemetery at Mounds, Ill.