- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Bruce C. Jones, 72, of Mounds died Friday, May 30, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 10, 1930, in Mounds, son of Bruce and Mildred Horner Jones.
He was a retired teamster and a member of the Teamsters Union in West Frankfort, Ill. He was a member of Caledonia Masonic Lodge 47 AF&AM at Olive Branch, Ill.
Survivors include his wife, Jo Y. "Bonnie" Jones; two daughters, Debra McNulty of Bolingbrook, Ill., and Joyce Carol Puckett of Paducah, Ky.; a son, Bruce Scott Jones of Phoenix, Ariz.; a brother, William E. Jones of Murphysboro, Ill.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. Sunday at Barkett Funeral Home in Mounds. Masonic rites by Caledonia Lodge 47 AF&AM will be at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Verlee Eaker officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill.