- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Bertie E. Plunk, 94, of Sikeston, formerly of Matthews, Mo., died Saturday, June 11, 2005, at Miner Nursing Center in Miner.
She was born Oct. 30, 1910, in Crump, Tenn., daughter of John and Laura Circely Duren. She and Virgil D. Plunk were married July 17, 1927, in Crump. He died Aug. 25, 1970.
Survivors include three sons, Jack Plunk of Matthews, Kenny Plunk of Blodgett, Mo., Donald Plunk of Miner; five daughters, Gay Pratt Billman of Benton, Mo., Opal Crossno of Collinsville, Ill., Martha Kraft of Freeburg, Ill., Jane Detterman of Cleveland, Ohio, Peggy Holman of Miner; 18 grandchildren; 34 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sons, a daughter, four brothers, four sisters and a grandson.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the chapel, with the Rev. John Givens officiating. Burial will be in Unity Cemetery at Benton.