- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Joseph Lee Mirgeaux, 88, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, June 11, 2005, at his home.
He was born Jan. 23, 1917, in Fornfelt, Mo., son of Joseph and Alice Rozmerski Mirgeaux. He and Dorothy Dirickson were married March 1, 1937, in St. Louis. She died in 1993.
Mirgeaux was a self-employed businessman. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Church in Cape Girardeau, the Cape LaCroix Walker Creek Levy District, the St. Vincent's Men's Society and a past member of the Knights of Columbus.
Survivors include five sons, Mike Mirgeaux and wife Ann of Louisville, Ky., Tom Mirgeaux, Steve Mirgeaux, Jeff Mirgeaux, and Chris Mirgeaux and wife Rhonda, all of Cape Girardeau; three daughters, Judy Langevin and husband Gene of Joplin, Mo., Alice Duvall of Broken Arrow, Okla., Dorothy Raleigh and husband Tim of Hannibal, Mo.; a brother, Jim Mirgeaux of Kelso, Mo.; 12 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, Joe L. Mirgeaux Jr., and a sister, Virginia Gloeckner.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel, with a rosary service at 5 p.m.
A mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with Father Charlie Prost officiating. Burial will be at St. Mary's Cemetery in Cape Girardeau. Pallbearers will be Nick Mirgeaux, Eric Eakins, Ryan Hann, Scott Langevin, Jonathan Mirgeaux, Shane Duvall and Travis Langevin. Honorary pallbearers include Capt. Justin Mirgeaux, USMC, Gene Rhodes, Jim Mirgeaux, Jim Tlapek and Jim Drury.
Donations may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tenn. 38105; or at Food for the Poor, 550 S.W. 12th Ave., Deerfield Beach, Fla. 33442.