- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Paul E. Sharp, 75, of Perryville, died Wednesday, May 28, 2003, in Osage County, Mo.
He was born Oct. 19, 1927, in Alton, Ill., to David and Viola Minnie Conlin Sharp.
He married Viola Yamnitz Feb. 8, 1968, in Perryville. He was a lithographer for American Can Co. and a member of the Graphic Communication International Union 235 in Kansas City, Mo., and the U.S. Army Veterans of the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, DeAnna Kluender of Perryville; two sons, Paul E. Sharp of Scott City, Mo., and David Sharp of Houston, Texas; two sisters, Betty Schlife of Fullerton, Calif., and Violet Mulder of Cuba, Mo.; two brothers, Eugene Long of Honolulu, Hawaii, and LeRoy Sharp of Bridgeton, N.C.; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two sisters and a brother.
Visitation will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Young & Sons Funeral Home Chapel in Perryville. An American Legion wake will be held at 3 p.m. The funeral will follow at 4 p.m. with the Rev. Donald Blaylock officating. Memorials may be made to the Alzheimers Association of the American Heart Association.