- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
DEXTER, Mo. -- George Daril Lovins, 68, of Dexter died Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at Missouri Southern Healthcare.
He was born April 16, 1935, at Moccasin Hollow, Mo., son of Hollie Andrew and BelaMae Jordan Lovins. He and Lynda Dowdy were married Oct. 16, 1993.
Lovins owned C&L Orchards, and was a member of First United Methodist Church.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Randy Lovins of Dexter; two daughters, Sharon McCord of Dexter, Lisa Clark of St. Louis; a stepson, Damon Dowdy of Cape Girardeau; a stepdaughter, Dana Lovins of Dexter; a brother, Harley Lovins of Salem, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister, and a brother.
Friends may call at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Fred Leist officiating. Burial will be in Chalk Bluff Cemetery.