- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PATTON, Mo. -- Joseph E. Crites, 71, of Patton died Thursday, May 29, 2003, at Parkland Medical Center in Farmington, Mo.
He was born March 3, 1932, near Patton, son of Joseph C. and Hazel Fulton Crites. He and Alma Lee Watermon were married April 27, 1954..
Crites retired as a major with St. Ann Police Department. He was a member of Pine Hill United Methodist Church and Patton Lions Club.
He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Darryl Crites of St. Louis; a daughter, Bonnie Lint of Pevely, Mo.; two sisters, Wanda Holt of St. Louis, Gloria Potter of Marmaduke, Ark.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Patton from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. W.D. Snyder officiating. Burial will be in Pine Hill Cemetery near Patton.