- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Returned check helps teach a good lesson
To the editor:
I just wanted to say a special thanks to Jack Smith and his son. They found my check that was lost near their Crystal Springs subdivision on Sunday and returned it to me Monday morning. Way to go, guys. You were an answer to my prayers that someone honest would find my check and return it to me.
It's always refreshing to see honesty and integrity taught through parents' actions to their children. We need more of that in our society today. May we all model for our children what Jack modeled for his son. Integrity and honesty are always taught much better when it's more than just words.