- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Mother charged after toddler falls out of moving car (7/29/16)2
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape to get small-market ride-sharing service carGO (7/29/16)8
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
Returned check helps teach a good lesson
To the editor:
I just wanted to say a special thanks to Jack Smith and his son. They found my check that was lost near their Crystal Springs subdivision on Sunday and returned it to me Monday morning. Way to go, guys. You were an answer to my prayers that someone honest would find my check and return it to me.
It's always refreshing to see honesty and integrity taught through parents' actions to their children. We need more of that in our society today. May we all model for our children what Jack modeled for his son. Integrity and honesty are always taught much better when it's more than just words.