- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)9
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)80
- Ragsdale to replace Farrow as principal at Franklin Elementary (3/29/17)5
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Suspended Southeast student pleads guilty to firearm charge from fatal Carbondale shooting (3/28/17)1
- Wide array of candidates run for Cape school board (3/27/17)7
Returned check helps teach a good lesson
To the editor:
I just wanted to say a special thanks to Jack Smith and his son. They found my check that was lost near their Crystal Springs subdivision on Sunday and returned it to me Monday morning. Way to go, guys. You were an answer to my prayers that someone honest would find my check and return it to me.
It's always refreshing to see honesty and integrity taught through parents' actions to their children. We need more of that in our society today. May we all model for our children what Jack modeled for his son. Integrity and honesty are always taught much better when it's more than just words.