- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Returned check helps teach a good lesson
To the editor:
I just wanted to say a special thanks to Jack Smith and his son. They found my check that was lost near their Crystal Springs subdivision on Sunday and returned it to me Monday morning. Way to go, guys. You were an answer to my prayers that someone honest would find my check and return it to me.
It's always refreshing to see honesty and integrity taught through parents' actions to their children. We need more of that in our society today. May we all model for our children what Jack modeled for his son. Integrity and honesty are always taught much better when it's more than just words.