- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Returned check helps teach a good lesson
To the editor:
I just wanted to say a special thanks to Jack Smith and his son. They found my check that was lost near their Crystal Springs subdivision on Sunday and returned it to me Monday morning. Way to go, guys. You were an answer to my prayers that someone honest would find my check and return it to me.
It's always refreshing to see honesty and integrity taught through parents' actions to their children. We need more of that in our society today. May we all model for our children what Jack modeled for his son. Integrity and honesty are always taught much better when it's more than just words.