- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)13
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)9
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
Thanks to all who pitched in after tornado
To the editor:
I just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who has helped Jackson get back on track. I hope you will never go through what we did that night. But we sure do have a lot to be thankful for: no deaths or anyone hurt very badly.
I have spent the biggest part of my life working as a nurse in our nursing homes. I want to thank God for keeping our elderly residents safe. Just to lose one is too many. Material things can be replaced. A life can't.