- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
DESLOGE, Mo. -- Herbert E. Tucker, 66, of Desloge, formerly of Festus, Mo., died Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at his residence.
He was born Dec. 27, 1936, in Potosi, Mo., son of Charles H. and Eunice Wade Tucker. He married Eleanor Henderson.
He served as a mechanic in the U.S. Air Force for five years and retired from St. Joe Lead Co. in 1992 and the Farmington Correctional Center in 2000. He was a member of Sonrise Baptist Church in Bonne Terre, Mo.
Survivors include his wife of Desloge; two daughters, Marjie Geniec of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., and Missy Curnell of Scott City; a son, David Tucker of Desloge; three sisters, Violet Morgan of Arizona, Jane Daws of Indiana and Judy Reed of De Soto, Mo.; and 10 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a grandson, two brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be at 2 p.m. today at CZ Boyer & Son Funeral Home in Desloge. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home chapel with the Rev. Paul Pope officiating. Burial will be in Woodlawn Cemetery.