- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
FARMINGTON, Mo. -- Edna E. Adams, 85, of Farmington, formerly of McBride, Mo., died Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at Parkland Health Center in Farmington.
She was born Aug. 19, 1917, at Coffman, Mo., daughter of Charles and Esther Coulter Helm. She married Burton Joseph Adams, who died Aug. 22, 1987.
Adams was a former member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church and Ladies Sodality in St. Mary, Mo.
Survivors include a daughter, Irma Buxton of Farmington; a son, Francis Adams of Farmington; a brother, Charles "Bud" Helm of Doe Run, Mo.; a sister, Shirley Weiss of Iron Mountain, Mo.; four grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sisters.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville, Mo., from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday. The wake will be at 5 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in St. Mary. The Rev. Richard Kasznel will officiate. Burial will be in the church cemetery.