- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Grace Marie Horrell, 79, of Chaffee died Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
She was born Dec. 15, 1923, in East Prairie, Mo., daughter of William and Rosie Lee Smith Williams. She first married Charles E. Pruitt, who preceded her in death. She then married Charles Horrell, who also preceded her in death.
Survivors include two daughters, Frances Schmidt of Hillsboro, Mo., Betty Carnell of Dothan, Ala.; five brothers, Luther Smith Jr., Travis and Harold Smith, all of Sikeston, Truman Smith of Ironton, Mo., Leon Smith of Cape Girardeau; three sisters, Louise Shaver, Ronnie Shaw and Carol Patterson, all of Sikeston; 12 grandchildren; and 22 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sons, a grandson, and a brother.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 10 a.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the chapel.