- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Frances Sissom, 79, of Olive Branch died Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 3, 1924, in Tamms, Ill., daughter of Francis and Bertha Vanzant Pettit. She and Bill Sissom were married April 22, 1942.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Deb Davis of Cairo, Ill., Jayne Simmons of Olive Branch; three sons, Tony Sissom of Olive Branch, J.B. Sissom of Thebes, Ill., Danny Sissom of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Mary Turner of Meadowbrook, Ill.; a half brother, Francis Pettit of Urbandale, Ill.; a stepbrother, Barry Provo of California; a stepsister, Mary Provo of Hopkinsville, Ky.; 18 grandchildren; eight stepgrandchildren; 24 great-grandchildren; eight great-stepgrandchildren; and a great-great-stepgranddaughter.
She was preceded in death by two daughters, a son, and a sister.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms from 5 to 8 p.m. today, and until time of service Friday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. The Revs. Earnest Brown and Billy Don Heady will officiate. Burial will be in Ullin Cemetery.