- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)14
- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
A courageous stance, but watch out for the pain
To the editor:
I was ecstatic when I read the Southeast Missourian's endorsement of U.S. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson's consumer-friendly prescription drug bill. However, I predict that your support will have dire consequences.
First of all, the editorial board should be prepared for a rise in your own prescription drug costs of no less than 3,000 percent.
And, after the powerful prescription-drug lobby is through pummeling you for pushing Emerson's bill, you will certainly be in need of what will then be cost-prohibitive prescription pain medication.
If it's any consolation, I am very proud of your courageous stance, even though I'm glad I'm not one of those overly empathetic types who will be able to feel your pain.