- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)12
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
A courageous stance, but watch out for the pain
To the editor:
I was ecstatic when I read the Southeast Missourian's endorsement of U.S. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson's consumer-friendly prescription drug bill. However, I predict that your support will have dire consequences.
First of all, the editorial board should be prepared for a rise in your own prescription drug costs of no less than 3,000 percent.
And, after the powerful prescription-drug lobby is through pummeling you for pushing Emerson's bill, you will certainly be in need of what will then be cost-prohibitive prescription pain medication.
If it's any consolation, I am very proud of your courageous stance, even though I'm glad I'm not one of those overly empathetic types who will be able to feel your pain.