- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
A courageous stance, but watch out for the pain
To the editor:
I was ecstatic when I read the Southeast Missourian's endorsement of U.S. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson's consumer-friendly prescription drug bill. However, I predict that your support will have dire consequences.
First of all, the editorial board should be prepared for a rise in your own prescription drug costs of no less than 3,000 percent.
And, after the powerful prescription-drug lobby is through pummeling you for pushing Emerson's bill, you will certainly be in need of what will then be cost-prohibitive prescription pain medication.
If it's any consolation, I am very proud of your courageous stance, even though I'm glad I'm not one of those overly empathetic types who will be able to feel your pain.