- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
A courageous stance, but watch out for the pain
To the editor:
I was ecstatic when I read the Southeast Missourian's endorsement of U.S. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson's consumer-friendly prescription drug bill. However, I predict that your support will have dire consequences.
First of all, the editorial board should be prepared for a rise in your own prescription drug costs of no less than 3,000 percent.
And, after the powerful prescription-drug lobby is through pummeling you for pushing Emerson's bill, you will certainly be in need of what will then be cost-prohibitive prescription pain medication.
If it's any consolation, I am very proud of your courageous stance, even though I'm glad I'm not one of those overly empathetic types who will be able to feel your pain.