- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)10
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)2
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
A courageous stance, but watch out for the pain
To the editor:
I was ecstatic when I read the Southeast Missourian's endorsement of U.S. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson's consumer-friendly prescription drug bill. However, I predict that your support will have dire consequences.
First of all, the editorial board should be prepared for a rise in your own prescription drug costs of no less than 3,000 percent.
And, after the powerful prescription-drug lobby is through pummeling you for pushing Emerson's bill, you will certainly be in need of what will then be cost-prohibitive prescription pain medication.
If it's any consolation, I am very proud of your courageous stance, even though I'm glad I'm not one of those overly empathetic types who will be able to feel your pain.