- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
People talk 5/29/03
Doctors report success in surgery for Minnelli
ROME -- Liza Minnelli had successful surgery Wednesday for a kneecap she fractured in a fall in an Italian hotel, according to doctors at a Bologna hospital where flowers from fans were piling up.
The 57-year-old performer tripped Sunday in the hotel where she'd been staying while preparing for a benefit concert with Luciano Pavarotti in nearby Modena, the opera star's hometown. Instead, she wound up singing a few bars from the hospital Tuesday night in a television hookup with Pavarotti and other big music names at the benefit.
British actor takes second trip to the altar
LONDON -- Actor Kenneth Branagh has married for the second time, taking Lindsay Brunnock as his bride in a small private ceremony.
The wedding was held last weekend, said his publicist, Lawrence Atkinson.
Branagh, 42, met Brunnock, an art director, while working on the television drama "Shackleton."
"Kenneth and Lindsay really wanted to keep the big day private," Atkinson told the Daily Mail newspaper.
"Kenneth hates the whole showbiz lifestyle of constant parties and just wants to keep this relationship as intimate as possible."
Eve 6 lead singer cited for indecent exposure
CORAOPOLIS, Pa. -- The lead singer of the rock band Eve 6 was cited for indecent exposure after baring it all to members of a hotel staff, police said.
Max Collins, 24, was cited at the Crowne Plaza hotel outside Pittsburgh early Monday after employees reported him walking around with nothing but shaving cream on his genitals.
Hotel workers told police that a naked Collins walked to the front desk asking for shaving cream late Sunday.