- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
what is hepatitis
Hepatitis A is caused by the hepatitis A virus and can affect anyone . It is transmitted through fecal-oral contamination, often in food or drinking water.
Hepatitis B also is caused by a virus and can be very serious. It can cause lifelong infection, cirrhosis or scarring of the liver and liver cancer.
Hepatitis C is also caused by a virus but is only contracted through blood from another infected person. It often goes unnoticed because early symptoms are mild.
Hepatitis D is a defective disease that is only present in people who already have Hepatitis B.
Hepatitis E is a virus transmitted in the same way as Hepatitis A but is not found in the United States.On the Net
Hepatitis Information Network: www.hepnet.com