- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Joe Welch, 77, of Cullman, Ala., died Sunday, May 25, 2003, at Cullman Regional Medical Center.
He was born Aug. 31, 1925, in Missouri, son of Brian and Mabel Lucky Welch. He married the former Carlyn Schlegel.
Welch was owner of Midway Auto Auction.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Randy Welch of Cullman; a brother, Bryan Welch of Tazewell, Tenn.; a sister, Lois Niswonger of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Cullman. The Rev. Harold Hermetz will officiate. Burial will be in Cullman Memory Gardens.
Moss Service Funeral Home in Cullman is in charge of arrangements.