- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Wanda "Doodie" Hamlin, 69, of Sikeston died Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston.
She was born Feb. 10, 1934, in LaValle, Mo., to Thomas J. Hamlin and Opal Lee Smith Hamlin Maack. She was a member of the Vanduser Baptist Church.
Survivors include a sister, Fay Hart of Sikeston, and several other relatives. She was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston. The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral chapel with the Rev. Glenn Rogers, pastor of the Vanduser Baptist Church, officiating.
Burial will follow in Forest Hills Cemetery in Morley, Mo.