- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
William Bollinger Sr.
William L. "Willie" Bollinger Sr., 70, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, May 24, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center.
He was born March 8, 1933, in Cape Girardeau, son of Monroe James and Pinkie L. Robinson Bollinger.
Bollinger was a graduate of John S. Cobb High School. He worked with Sam and Dave singing group, recorded with Sun Records as Willie and the Challengers, and had worked with the Jerry Lewis Tele-thon. He retired from Union Electric in 1994.
He was a member of New Bethel Baptist Church and IBEW Local 702. He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include five sons, Gregory Bollinger Sr. and William B. Bollinger of Carbondale, Ill., Calvin Bollinger and William L. Bollinger Jr. of Cape Girardeau, William Roddy of Nashville, Tenn.; four daughters, Sharon Bryant of Tyler, Texas, Kay Hammonds of Atlanta, Ga., Kametre Ellis of Orlando, Fla., Leslie McClard of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Billie and Bobbie Bollinger of Florissant, Mo.; a sister, Nellie Wellmaker of East St. Louis, Ill.; 20 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at Greater Dimension Church. The Rev. Johnny Thomas will officiate. Entombment will be in Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum.