- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Cora Christine Barrett, 80, of Chaffee died Monday, May 26, 2003, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Jan. 6, 1923, at Painton, Mo., daughter of Ben and Lottie St. Cin Elfrank. She and Cecil Raymond Barrett were married March 15, 1941, at Bell City, Mo. He died Feb. 11, 1988.
Barrett was a member of General Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, Ken Barrett of Gordonville; two brothers, Clyde Elfrank of Chaffee, Fred Elfrank of Johnston City, Ill.; two sisters, Dora Neeley of Vienna, Ill., Kathleen Lagrand of Chaffee; two grandchildren, Aaron Barrett of Park Hills, Mo., Allyson Morgan of Cape Girardeau; six great-grandchildren, Bailey and Cody Barrett of Marble Hill, Mo., Taylor and Collin Barrett of Park Hills, Rachael and Zach Morgan of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Vyron Yount officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.