- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
DEXTER, Mo. -- Jimmie Dale Jackson, 57, of Dexter, died Saturday, May 24, 2003, at University Hospital in Madison, Wis.
He was born April 9, 1946, at Kennett, Mo., son of Elvis Grady and Susie McDonald Jackson. He and Laura Mitchell were married Aug. 12, 1977, at Kennett.
He was retired from the U.S. Navy, where he served as a data systems technician and recruiter.
Survivors include his wife of Dexter; six sons, Jim Jr. and Kevin Jackson of Madison, David Jackson of Jacksonville, Fla., Chuck Jackson of Sikeston, Mo., and Elvis and Mike Jackson of Dexter; four sisters, Bonita Mines of DeSoto, Mich., Linda Brandon of Portageville, Mo., and Carol Hoggard and Rose Jackson of Dexter; and seven grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at the Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter. Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Richard Blagg officiating. Burial will follow at LuLu Cemetery in Senath, Mo.