- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
DONGOLA, Ill. -- Carmon L. Henderson, 81, of Dongola died Saturday, May 24, 2003, at her home.
She was born May 1, 1922, in Union County, Ill., daughter of Arnie and Rose Toler Manning. She and Warren J. Henderson were married June 5, 1940. He died Dec. 30, 1999.
She was a member of First Baptist Church in Dongola, had worked at the Village Café and Band Factory in Dongola and International Shoe Co.
Survivors include a daughter, JoAnn Poole of Elco, Ill.; two brothers, Jack Manning of Dongola and Bill Manning of St. Louis; five grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; and five stepgreat-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter.
Graveside service will be at 11 a.m. today at Friendship Cemetery in Dongola with the Rev. Dare Aden officiating. Crain Funeral Home in Dongola is in charge of arrangements.