- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
DONGOLA, Ill. -- Ellen Catherine Smith, 94, of Dongola, died Saturday, May 24, 2003, at her home.
She was born April 2, 1909, in Springville, Ill., daughter of Gabriel and Nora Dillow Graves. She and Floyd James Smith were married Jan. 30, 1931. He died March 23, 1958.
Survivors include four daughters, Shirley Donaldson of Little Rock, Ark., Carolyn Bracken of Dongola, Eveline Poole of Tamms, Ill., Rosemary Dotson of Jerseyville, Ill.; 19 grandchildren; and many great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two daughters, a sister, a half brother and two grandchildren.
Visitation will be until 2 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Dongola. Funeral will follow at 2 p.m at the funeral home with Brent Miller officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Cemetery.