- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)19
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
COBDEN, Ill. -- John Lipe, 71, of Cobden, died Sunday, May 25, 2003, at his home.
He was born Feb. 26, 1932, in Makanda Township, son of Bert and Pauline Sutliff Lipe. He and Shirley Nebughr were married July 27, 1951, in Carbdondale, Ill. She died Feb. 3, 2000.
He was a member of the Congregational Church in Cobden and the Illinois Retired Teachers' Association. He was a retired principal and officiated girls and boys basketball and girls softball for many years. He worked at Anna-Jonesboro Community High School for 24 years and Cobden High School 5 years.
Survivors include a brother, Richard Lipe of Carbondale.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today and from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesday at Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden. Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the Congregational Church. Burial will be in the Cobden Cemetery.