- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
COBDEN, Ill. -- John Lipe, 71, of Cobden, died Sunday, May 25, 2003, at his home.
He was born Feb. 26, 1932, in Makanda Township, son of Bert and Pauline Sutliff Lipe. He and Shirley Nebughr were married July 27, 1951, in Carbdondale, Ill. She died Feb. 3, 2000.
He was a member of the Congregational Church in Cobden and the Illinois Retired Teachers' Association. He was a retired principal and officiated girls and boys basketball and girls softball for many years. He worked at Anna-Jonesboro Community High School for 24 years and Cobden High School 5 years.
Survivors include a brother, Richard Lipe of Carbondale.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today and from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesday at Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden. Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the Congregational Church. Burial will be in the Cobden Cemetery.