- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
COBDEN, Ill. -- John Lipe, 71, of Cobden, died Sunday, May 25, 2003, at his home.
He was born Feb. 26, 1932, in Makanda Township, son of Bert and Pauline Sutliff Lipe. He and Shirley Nebughr were married July 27, 1951, in Carbdondale, Ill. She died Feb. 3, 2000.
He was a member of the Congregational Church in Cobden and the Illinois Retired Teachers' Association. He was a retired principal and officiated girls and boys basketball and girls softball for many years. He worked at Anna-Jonesboro Community High School for 24 years and Cobden High School 5 years.
Survivors include a brother, Richard Lipe of Carbondale.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today and from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesday at Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden. Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the Congregational Church. Burial will be in the Cobden Cemetery.