- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
COBDEN, Ill. -- John Lipe, 71, of Cobden, died Sunday, May 25, 2003, at his home.
He was born Feb. 26, 1932, in Makanda Township, son of Bert and Pauline Sutliff Lipe. He and Shirley Nebughr were married July 27, 1951, in Carbdondale, Ill. She died Feb. 3, 2000.
He was a member of the Congregational Church in Cobden and the Illinois Retired Teachers' Association. He was a retired principal and officiated girls and boys basketball and girls softball for many years. He worked at Anna-Jonesboro Community High School for 24 years and Cobden High School 5 years.
Survivors include a brother, Richard Lipe of Carbondale.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today and from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesday at Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden. Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the Congregational Church. Burial will be in the Cobden Cemetery.