- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Lena M. Propst, 65, of Advance died Sunday, May 25, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born Feb. 13, 1938, in Fredericktown, Mo., daughter of Carl and Martha Hahs Asher. She and Paul Propst were married Sept. 15, 1959, in Poplar Bluff, Mo. He died May 11, 1998.
She attended Dongola Missionary Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Ray and Jackie Propst of Advance; two daughters, Donna Warner and Ruth Steffey of Advance; a brother, Leaman Asher of Fredericktown; a sister, Lora Walker of Marshall, Mo.; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance. Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home with the Rev. Ronnie Winchester officiating and the Rev. Dan Overton assisting. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.