- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Charles Johnson Jr.
Charles William Johnson Jr., 84, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, May 24, 2003, at the Lutheran Home.
He was born Dec. 19, 1918, in Rothville, Mo., son of Charles William Sr. and Josephine W. Lyford Johnson. He and Joe Ann Rumfelt were married March 12, 1955.
He retired in 1983 after working 40 years for Western Electric as a telephone equipment installer.
He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Army and was a member of VFW Post 3838 in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his wife and two sisters, Mary E. Fadiga of Grand Junction, Colo., and Ruth Elliott of New Cambria, Mo.
He was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson and from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at Wright-Baker-Hill Funeral Home in Brookfield, Mo. A graveside funeral service will be at 3 p.m. Wednesday at Park Lawn Cemetery in Brookfield.
Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.