- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Edward C. Beatty, 50, of Clinton, Md., formerly of Marble Hill, died Saturday, May 24, 2003, at Herrin Hospital in Herrin, Ill.
He was born Feb. 18, 1953, in Gideon, Mo., son of Floyd Junior and Virginia May Boyet Beatty. He and Susan Marie Vandeven were married May 5, 1973.
He retired from the U.S. Air Force after serving from 1975 to 1994.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Jeff Beatty of Energy, Ill., Scott Beatty of Hampton, Va., Joe Beatty of Clinton; a daughter, Cheryl Beatty of Clinton; a brother, Paul Beatty of Jackson; a sister, Patricia Beel of Marble Hill; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation was held Monday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill. A funeral mass will be at 10 a.m. today at St. John's Catholic Church in Leopold, Mo., with the Rev. Bill Huggins officiating. Burial with full military honors will follow in the church cemetery.