- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Burgetts married 50 years
Mr. and Mrs. George "G.W." Burgett of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary May 28, 2005, in Dayton, Ohio.
Burgett and Lois M. Stilley were married May 28, 1955, in Poplar Bluff, Mo., by the Rev. Wilbert Allen. Their attendants were Phyliss Lynn and Junior Weisbrod.
The Burgetts attend Lighthouse Bible Baptist Church and teach a Sunday school class for challenged people.
They have a daughter, Terri Stockman of Xenia, Ohio, and a son, Douglas Burgett of Cape Girardeau. They have two grandsons, Brent Stockman of Washington, D.C., and Brock Stockman with the U.S. Air Force in Germany.