- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ORAN, Mo. -- Evelyn Mitchem, 92, of Oran, formerly of Sikeston, Mo. died Friday, June 10, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born April 29, 1913, at Marston, Mo., daughter of Nelson and Dora Maples Pikey.
Mitchem was a member of the Morley Church of Christ.
Survivors include a son, Luther Nelson Michem of St. Louis; four daughters, Peggy Sundley of Rockford, Ill., Ida Gilbreath of Oran, Brenda Parker of Morley, Mo., and Sharon Puffpaff of Sikeston; 32 grandchildren; and 69 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son and three daughters.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel.
Funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday, with the Rev. Bill Bradley officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Cemetery at Morley.