- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Larry and Barbara Sanford Spiers of St. Clair, Mo., announce the engagement of their daughter, Molly Ellen Spiers, to Eric Neil Smith. He is the son of Richard and the Rev. Marilyn Smith of DeSoto, Mo. Mrs. Spiers is formerly of Scott City.
Spiers is a graduate of St. Clair High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in secondary education from Southeast Missouri State University, and a master's degree in student counseling from Missouri Baptist University. She is a teacher with Rockwood School District.
Smith is a graduate of Pacific High School. He received a bachelor's degree from Missouri Southern State College in Joplin, and a master's degree in educational administration from Southwest Baptist University in Bolivar, Mo., this month. He is a teacher with Rockwood School District.
A July 9 wedding is planned.