- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
DEXTER, Mo. -- Hilda Delores Bowerman, 75, of Dexter was born Nov. 13, 1927, at Zalma, Mo., the daughter of the late William and Rhoda Sitze Pape. She passed away Thursday, May 22, 2003, at Missouri Southern Health Care in Dexter.
Hilda was a schoolteacher for over 55 years before retiring. She taught school at Zalma and Alton, Mo. Hilda was a wonderful music teacher. Hilda was a member of the Zalma Missionary Baptist Church.
Hilda and Virgil Bowerman were united in marriage on June 26, 1965, at St. Louis, Mo., and he preceded her in death.
Survivors include a daughter and son-in-law, Jeannie and Russ Arnold of Doniphan, Mo.; two sisters, Juanita Schrader of Cambry, Ore., and Electra Fish of Advance, Mo.; two grandsons, Brian Arnold and wife Trisha of Adrian, Mo., and Michael Arnold and wife Trisha of Fairdealing, Mo.; one great-grandson, Cody Michael Arnold of Fairdealing.
One brother and one sister also preceded her in death.
Visitation will be from 4:30 to 8 p.m. Monday at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Morgan Funeral Chapel, with the Rev. Dale Fish officiating, assisted by the Revs. Eugene Bowerman and Jim Ford. Interment will be in Cave Springs Cemetery in Alton.