- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Mom angry her autistic son was left on bus; he later was discovered at bus lot (8/16/16)15
- Cape man to serve at least 21 months in prison for food-stamp fraud (8/16/16)5
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Store dedicated solely to Pokemon products will open soon in Cape (8/16/16)1
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Walter H. Schrumpf, 88, of Perryville died Thursday, June 9, 2005, at St. Anthony's Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born Sept. 8, 1916, at Old Appleton, Mo., son of Henry C. and Rose Mary Ross Schrumpf. He and Helen A. Fuist were married June 28, 1947, in St. Louis. She died Jan. 17, 2002.
Schrumpf had been a self-employed truck driver. He was a member of the United Methodist Church and the Methodist Men's Club.
Survivors include a son, Paul Schrumpf of St. Louis; a daughter, Linda Cash of St. Peters, Mo.; seven grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by five brothers and five sisters.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today, and Saturday from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m., and then at the United Methodist Church from 10 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the church, with The Rev. Jerry Willer officiating. Burial will be in Home Cemetery.