- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Norma Jean Mitchem, 58, of Sikeston died Tuesday, June 7, 2005, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born Dec. 15, 1946, in Burdette, Ark., daughter of Oscar and Lillie Irene Bowers Watkins. She and Richard Mitchem were married Dec. 23, 1964, at Bell City, Mo.
Mitchem was a graduate of Richland High School. She was a dental assistant for Dr. John Doggett.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, Richard Mitchem of Honolulu, Hawaii, Rodney Mitchem of Tanner, Mo., Russell Mitchem of Advance, Mo.; three brothers, Johnny Watkins of Sikeston, Don and Junior Watkins of Oran, Mo.; a sister, Pam Wefenstette of Tanner; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Larry Jackson officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memorial Gardens near Morley, Mo.