- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Adonis Watson, 86, formerly of Anna, died Tuesday, June 7, 2005, at Memorial Medical Center in Springfield, Ill.
She was born Sept. 9, 1918, in Anna, daughter of Dee and Vica Young Brimm. She and Paul Watson were married Aug. 19, 1939. He died Sept. 18, 1998.
Watson was a member of Anna Heights Baptist Church.
Survivors include three daughters, Donna Farrell of Springfield, Pat Skipworth of Glen Ellyn, Ill., Linda Purdom of Sarasota, Fla.; two sisters, Virginia Miles of Collinsville, Ill., Eleanor Ketchie of North Charleston, S.C.; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister and a brother.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Anna from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Scott Harner officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.