- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Jeffrey Duane Brown, 47, of Jackson died Tuesday, May 30, 2005, while on vacation in Nassau, Bahamas.
He was born April 11, 1958, in Cairo, Ill., son of Bert and Gertrude Brown. He and Susan Kell were married May 7, 1996, in Jackson.
Brown was a graduate of Shawnee High School at Wolf Lake, Ill., and Shawnee Community High School at Ullin, Ill. He had worked at Rapco in Jackson and at Dana Corp. in Cape Girardeau. He had owned and operated Brown's Guns and Ammo in Jackson the past four years.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Becky Brown of the home; a brother, Mike Brown of McClure, Ill.; three sisters, Patti Fairbanks of Pendleton, Ore., Peggy Benefield and Ollie Benefield of Thebes, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister and two brothers.
A memorial service will be held at Antioch Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau, with the Rev. Glen Hamilton officiating.
Butler Funeral Home in Nassau is in charge of arrangements.