- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Four baseball players from area to play in all-star games
Cape Girardeau will be represented by four players in the Missouri High School Baseball Coaches Association All-Star Series on Saturday at T.R. Hughes Ballpark in St. Charles.
In addition to the two Central players in the Class 4 game reported in Monday's edition, Notre Dame will have two players in the Class 3 game.
Jeremy Brinkmeyer, a right-handed pitcher, and Blake Essner, an outfielder who bats left and throws left, are on the Class 3 East roster.
Brinkmeyer was 9-0 this spring with a 0.85 earned run average.
The 16-member East squad plays the West at 3 p.m.
In the Class 4 game that follows, Central's Brandon Cooper and Scott Brueckner will play for the East team.
Cooper, a first baseman/third baseman, led Central with a .431 batting average and drove in 24 runs.
Brueckner, a third baseman and outfielder, hit .394 with 20 runs scored and 14 RBIs.
The Class 4 game is scheduled for 6 p.m.
* All-state teams for both the MSHBCA and the Missouri Sportswriters and Sportscasters Association are being selected this week. Release dates have not been announced for either team.