- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
County center starts defibrillator registry
The Cape Girardeau County Public Health Center has announced a contract with the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services Heart Disease and Stroke Program to promote the existence of an auto-external defibrillator registry for the fiscal year 2005. All businesses in Cape Girardeau County that have an AED are asked to contact Christy Sprengel at 335-7846, extension 107. Businesses that would like to have an AED on site are asked to contact Sprengel, who says the health department can suggest resources to help them get one.
MDA plans fifth annual 'Fish for a Wish' benefit
The Muscular Dystrophy Association will have its fifth annual "Fish for a Wish" from 1 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the Deerfield Lodge in Cape Girardeau. Fish for a Wish will raise funds through a live and silent auction and selling chances to win a 16-foot, G-3 1652 aluminum-weld camo fishing boat with a 40 horsepower Yamaha motor and trailer. Also available will be fish and side dishes for a fee. Live entertainment will be provided.
Blood donors may win pit pass to races
The American Red Cross Missouri-Illinois Blood Services region is offering a Father's Day promotion to all presenting blood donors June 11 to 19. During that week, all donors will be entered in a contest to win two pit passes for selected tracks in the Midwest or one of 11 RaceFace outdoor art pieces featuring NASCAR driver Kasey Kahne. Pit pass available race dates and locations are July 29 and 30 at Gateway International Raceway near St. Louis; July 9 and 10 at ChicagoLand Speedway in Joliet, Ill.; and Kansas Speedway near Kansas City, Mo., Oct. 9. Donors may give at the Red Cross Blood Center, 20 S. Mount Auburn Road, Monday and Wednesday from noon to 6:30 p.m., and Friday from 9 a.m., to 2 p.m., platelet collections will be Monday and Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., and from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
-- From staff reports