- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Ruth Louise Roe, 84, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born May 5, 1919, at Oran, Mo., daughter of Louis and Lucy Bell Sullivan Pippin. She and Raymond Ralph Roe were married Nov. 26, 1938, at Jackson. He died Oct. 4, 1968.
Roe was formerly of Grassy, Mo.
Survivors include three sons, Joe Roe of Independence, Mo., Jerry Roe of Cape Girardeau, Don Roe of Palestine, Texas; five daughters, Wanda Keesee and Judith Welker of Cape Girardeau, Bertha Foster of Glenallen, Mo., Nelda Ireland of Jackson, Brenda Surwilla of Fenton, Mo.; 10 grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by four sisters, a brother, and two grandsons.
Friends may call at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Gene Robbins officiating. Burial will be in Grassy Cemetery.