- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Nora Frances Brown, 80, of Sikeston died Monday, June 6, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 5, 1924, in Farrenberg, Mo., daughter of Ralph and Lillie Violet Moss Brown. She was raised by her stepfather, Bryan Haynes. She and Bennie F. Brown were married Aug. 31, 1945, in New Madrid, Mo. He died May 8, 1973.
Brown had been a waitress at Grecian Steak House in Sikeston.
Survivors include two sons, Dewayne Brown of Scott City, Gary Brown of Lincoln, Ala.; a daughter, Brenda Davis of Benton, Mo.; nine grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from 11 a.m. to service time today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at the chapel, with the Rev. Rennie Phillips officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Memorial Cemetery in Scott City.