- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MILLER CITY, Ill. -- Jerry H. "Bud" Pecord, 88, of Miller City died Monday, June 6, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born June 16, 1916, in Miller City, son of Jerry W. and Jennie Schlamer Pecord. He married Velma Louise Pecord, who died in 1987.
Pecord was a retired farmer.
Survivors include a son, Jerry A. Pecord of Miller City; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, a brother and a sister.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
Graveside service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge, Ill. The Rev. Verlee Eaker will officiate.