- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Tom W. Seyer, 51, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, June 5, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born May 25, 1954, at Chaffee, Mo., son of Peter Bernard and Cora Leona Schaefer Seyer.
Seyer was a truck driver with Quality Carriers in Memphis, Tenn. He was a member of Elks Lodge 1810 in Chaffee.
He served in the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include three brothers, A.J. Seyer of Jackson, Mike Seyer of Lilbourn, Mo., Richard Seyer of Columbia, Mo.; three sisters, Anna Wicker of Chaffee, Theresa Cochran of Scott City, and Della Hopke of Council Grove, Kan.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. Thursday. An Elks service will be held at 7:30.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. C.B. Stidham officiating. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Catholic Cemetery at Chaffee, with military rites to be conducted.