- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Hamms married 50 years
BENTON, Mo. -- Mr. and Mrs. Melvin Hamm of Benton celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a Mass April 23, 2005, at St. Denis Catholic Church. Celebrants were the Revs. Richard Rolwing and Normand Varone. The couple's six grandchildren participated in the Mass.
A reception, dinner and dance was held at the parish center.
Hamm and Martha Robert were married April 23, 1955, at St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso, Mo.
They have four children, David and Greg Hamm of Benton, Rick Hamm of Van Buren, Mo., and Rhonda Niebruegge of St. Louis.