- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Edgar Wayne Benson, 67, of Scott City died Monday, May 19, 2003, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born May 27, 1935, at Commerce, Mo., son of Oshel and Lillian Coble Benson.
Benson was a port captain on barge lines with ARTCO.
Survivors include his father of Michigan; his mother, Lillian Green of Jackson; two sons, Rodney Benson of Kelso, Mo., Stacy Benson of Scott City; two daughters, Connie Workman of Scott City, Debbie Swafford of Bernie, Mo.; a brother, Buddy Brown of St. Louis; a sister, Faye Farrow of Jackson; four grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City after 1 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at the chapel. The Rev. Waitis Harrell will officiate. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery.