- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Justin Charles "J.C." Vaughn, 22, of Cairo died Thursday, May 15, 2003, at his residence.
He was born Sept. 7, 1980, in Carbondale, Ill., son of Charles and June Johnson Vaughn. He was a graduate of Cairo High School and a student at Shawnee Community College in Ullin, Ill. He was a member of the First Missionary Baptist Church in Cairo.
Survivors include his father, Charles "Chico" Vaughn; a son, Justin Vaughn Jr.; two brothers, Charles and Craig Vaughn; three sisters, Jyhnae, Gina and Rachel; a paternal grandmother and maternal grandparents.
He was preceded in death by his mother.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. until noon Saturday at the First Missionary Baptist Church in Cairo.
Funeral will be at noon Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Darryl K. Cox officiating. Burial will be in Spencer Heights Memorial Park Cemetery in Mounds, Ill.
Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Algee's Funeral Home in Carbondale.