- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Children's exposure to meth via parents is growing; Mo. Children's Division seeing effects (9/18/16)8
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
CAIRO, Ill. -- Justin Charles "J.C." Vaughn, 22, of Cairo died Thursday, May 15, 2003, at his residence.
He was born Sept. 7, 1980, in Carbondale, Ill., son of Charles and June Johnson Vaughn. He was a graduate of Cairo High School and a student at Shawnee Community College in Ullin, Ill. He was a member of the First Missionary Baptist Church in Cairo.
Survivors include his father, Charles "Chico" Vaughn; a son, Justin Vaughn Jr.; two brothers, Charles and Craig Vaughn; three sisters, Jyhnae, Gina and Rachel; a paternal grandmother and maternal grandparents.
He was preceded in death by his mother.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. until noon Saturday at the First Missionary Baptist Church in Cairo.
Funeral will be at noon Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Darryl K. Cox officiating. Burial will be in Spencer Heights Memorial Park Cemetery in Mounds, Ill.
Funeral arrangements are under the direction of Algee's Funeral Home in Carbondale.