- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Billie Burk Jones, 87, of Anna died Sunday, May 18, 2003, at Jonesboro Health Care Center.
She was born May 9, 1916, in Macomb, Ill., daughter of George H. and Leona Stevens Rippetoe. She and Donald C. Jones were married in Jackson, Mo. He died June 16, 1988.
Jones was a 1934 graduate of Anna-Jonesboro High School.
Survivors include a daughter, Donna Meyer of Vienna, Ill.; a sister, Virginia Missellhorn of Lincoln, Ill.; two grandsons; and two great-grandsons.
She was preceded in death by two sisters.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after 10 a.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. James Cecil officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.