- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Wildred V. Sandler, 83, of Perryville died Monday, May 19, 2003, at Perry County Nursing Home.
He was born Jan. 19, 1920, at Perryville, son of Wiley and Bell Staggs Sandler. He and Mary Lou Moranville were married Feb. 7, 1949.
Sandler retired as an electrician and maintenance worker at Mississippi Lime in Ste. Genevieve, Mo. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, and former member of American Legion and Knights of Columbus.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Mark Sandler of Perryville; three daughters, Karen Erwin, Sheila Schaaf, Linda Sandler, all of Perryville; three sisters, Mildred Duvall, Beulah Hoffman, Lucille "Boots" Springer, all of Perryville; seven grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two sisters.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home after noon today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at the funeral home. The Rev. Kevin Fausz will officiate. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.