- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Ella LaDon "Sally" Karraker, 75, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, May 17, 2003, at Ratcliff Care Center.
She was born Oct. 5, 1927, at Ancell, Mo., daughter of Otto Summers and Ella Young. She and Frank L. Bles were married Nov. 7, 1942; he died July 30, 1964. She and Donovan Engelage were married June 5, 1972; he died June 13, 1984. She and Herbert Karraker were married June 14, 1986; he died Jan. 8, 1994.
Karraker was a member of the VFW Ladies Auxiliary 3838 in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include two sons, Ricky Bles and Randy Bles of Fort Worth, Texas; five daughters, Donnie Hillman of Scott City, Vickie Byrd, Dianne Seaton and Sheila Swinford, all of Fort Worth, and Barbara Walls of Uvalda, Ga.; two brothers, Ray Summers of Fort Worth and Coy Summers of Azel, Texas; one sister, Catherine Santivasci of Fort Worth; 16 grandchildren; and 26 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers, four sisters and two great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel. A VFW Ladies Auxiliary service will be at 7 p.m. Monday.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday, with the Rev. Rennie Phillips officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Memorial Cemetery.