- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Colleen S. Platt, 76, of Jackson passed away Friday, May 16, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
Friends may call between 4-6 p.m. Sunday, May 18, at the McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 19 at the funeral home, followed by interment in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson. The Rev. John Rice will officiate.
Mrs. Platt was born Sept. 4, 1926, at Hibbing, Minn., daughter of John and Madeline Jandren Cameron. She married Harold James Platt on May 22, 1946, in Cape Girardeau. He died Feb. 4, 2000.
Loving survivors include two sons and daughters-in-law, Michael and Cindy Platt of Jackson, and Jeffery and Cheri Platt of Tuscon, Ariz.; one daughter and son-in-law, Sharon and Kip Bennett of Cape Girardeau; two granddaughters, LeeAnne Lesch and Cameron Bennett; and one grandson, Eric Bennett.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and one sister.
Mrs. Platt was a member of the New McKendree United Methodist Church in Jackson. She attended one year of business college in St. Louis. She had worked as a bookkeeper for the former Priest Mercantile and the former Milling Company both in Jackson. She owned and operated the Platt Realty Company and also the former Jackson Fashion Fabrics Store from 1971-1977.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to the New McKendree United Methodist Church.