- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
LICK CREEK, Ill. -- William L. "Bill" Bowen, 76, of Lick Creek died Thursday, May 15, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 9, 1926, in Jonesboro, Ill., son of Guy and Hulda Reischauer Bowen. He and Myra L. Gurley were married March 28, 1954, in Jonesboro.
Bowen was a retired farmer. He was a member of Ebenezer Cumberland Presbyterian Church at Lick Creek, and Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 in Anna, Ill.
He was a veteran of World War II and the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Dishona Wright of Anna; a son, Greg Bowen of Jonesboro; three sisters, Louise Dillow and Dorothy Kohler of Anna, Francis Lentz of Bradley, Ill.; and five grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother, a sister and a granddaughter.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Jay Franklin and Dwight Kaylor officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery, with full military honors by VFW Post 3455.